Check it out – we’re one of the top banners in the Chrome Web Store!
HelloFax.com Dev Blog
Check out Lifehacker’s most recent article, The Best Google Features You’re Probably Not Using. The good news is that we got included on that list! Here’s what they had to say:
“With HelloFax installed, every fax you send with the service is linked directly into Drive. Need to fax some forms? Send them from Drive. Waiting on a fax? HelloFax will stuff it right into your Drive folder so you can access it from anywhere. Most of us only need a fax machine on rare occasions and HelloFax is a handy alternative to a big clunky machine.”
Our users asked, we deliver. HelloFax is happy to announce that you can now manually re-send an email notification for a signature request that has been sent out.
Want to check it out in action? Go to the Documents tab now >
Here’s how to send an email reminder to someone you requested a signature from:
1.) Send a signature request to the intended recipient.
2.) Find the document in the “Documents” tab and select from the drop down button to reveal “Send Reminder” option
3.) Check the email address(es) you wish to re-send the reminder to.
We want to hear from you. E-smoke signal us: email@example.com
Our goal is to become the way that companies everywhere sign documents. The problem with that if it costs money for each additional seat, there’s a disincentive to add each team member. So, we’re making it completely free to add up to 50 people on your team.
So, how do the new teams work?
1. You can create company documents and share them with your entire team. So, everyone has a access to the official company NDA. Read more about template sharing
2. You can route fax lines however you’d like. So, if you have 1 fax line and 20 team members, no worries! Read more about fax routing
3. If you have a paid plan and want to add another fax number, it’s just $4.99 / fax number / month. Each fax number just pulls on the fax pages of the master plan.
We have a lot more in store! So, if you have any feature requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wish that your fax machine could deliver the fax that was intended for you? Hellofax’s fax routing feature allows you to assign any team members to any fax lines to receive incoming faxes that are sent to that line.
Route your team today: Ready, set, route!
How do you set up fax routing? Easy:
1.) Add the member you would like to have access in your Team via email. Read more about Teams
3.) Presto! You’re all done.
Questions? Suggestions? Want to send us cookies? Shoot us a note: email@example.com
We just got a great mention in Fast Company! They were hashing through all the cool things you can do with Google Drive – and we were the first tool they mentioned.
“Google Docs was turned into a general purpose cloud storage dropbox called Drive back in April. But in classic Google fashion, no one explained what you could do with your free 5GB of space besides upload and download files.
As it turns out, Drive is much more than just a different name for where you used to store documents and spreadsheets. For example, did you know you can fax people documents and PDFs from Drive?”
Yep! You can, with HelloFax! Good times.
A few weeks ago, we went out and tested HelloFax with some users. Most of the testing went really well. But, there was one issue that we kept seeing.
When people were adding signers, they’d click on “Signer” and “CC” on the left. They thought they were buttons! Some members of the team kept telling me that they looked like buttons. But, there’s nothing like a confused user clicking on something to make a point.
Plus, people were also confused about where to enter in the signer’s name. We only required the email address, not the signer’s name. It wasn’t just a feature request, but a major point of confusion. They expected it to be there.
Before you fill it in
After you fill it in
You’ll notice that we removed the “signer” / “cc” icons altogether. Turns out they weren’t helpful. We now use the default text fields to describe what they need to do: i.e., “Signer’s Name” and “firstname.lastname@example.org”. That was the easiest major improvement we ever made.
There are some themes here:
- People may expect a features. The absence of the feature can be a usability problem.
- Unnecessary icons often detract from clarity. On a clean page, simple text can be powerful.
- Talk to your users all the time. There’s nothing like a confused user to push product decisions.
When you sign a contract, sometimes there’s a specific order of signers that needs to be observed.
- You need to sign first
- I need to sign second
We built a tool to accommodate that scenario. Here’s how it goes:
1. On the Request Signature tab, add 2 signers
2. After you add the second signer, “Assign signer order” will appear. Click on it. You’ll notice that numbers will appear next to each signer. You can make that signer first or second by clicking on the arrows.
This is great for sales, where the client has to sign the document first.
Contact us if you have any feature requests. You request it, we build it!
When I’m reading for pleasure, the last thing I want to do is read on my computer. Smartphons have the same backlight, so that doesn’t work either. I could put it on my Kindle, but with the number of steps involved, it’s a hassle. Some people just print out the article (you know how I feel about that!).
I just discovered an amazing combo (thanks Joel):
1. Install Readability into your browser. It’ll place a small book icon on the top left of your browser.
2. Click on the Kindle icon.
3. Follow the instructions to whitelist readability and put in your Kindle email address.
This tool has changed my reading life. Enjoy!